On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, December 03, 2007

Advent 1



Yesterday was the first Sunday in Advent, the first day of the new Christian year. We attended an evening service of Lessons and Carols, which was beautiful. I, of course, never miss opportunities to doodle in church. With Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) it helps me focus and concentrate tremendously - I was present throughout!

1 comment:

  1. Doodles during church, I must confess I do the same thing! Your doodles look like fun, but to be honest, one can tell that you are still listening to the words being sung or preached as you are still refined in your style. I don't think God minds that you doodle in church, for one, at least you are at church!!!! For another some remember things better when pictures are looked upon, so maybe this is another learning method for you. Keep up the doodling, I recall God saying that we are to come to Him as a little child, and I have never seen a child sit in church without doodling! Blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails