On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, January 03, 2013

Whiner's news

The nasal gastric tube was removed this afternoon so now the goal is to keep it out.  I walked a total of 75 minutes and figured it out that if I ask for liquid morphine before I walk I can muscle through it - in pain, but manageable.  If I walk first and then medicate the pain I'm overwhelmed and back to tears.

I was upgraded from clear liquids to full liquids - pudding, ice cream, thin soup, milk. The next level will be my lifetime diet.  I reviewed some menu items with the dietician and am appalled by my own dietary future.  Raisin bran would kill me, but puffed rice is okay. No whole wheats, just white breads. Minimal fruits and veggies because they are high fiber and my diet is low fiber, between 10-15 grams per day. I fully plan to moan and complain until my last day on earth, it's that bad.

I also learned that pet dogs, not just service animals, are welcome here as long as they are kept in the patient's room.  I think that's a wonderful change in policy for those of us who love our dogs as family members and receive loving comfort from them.  Service animals can walk through the hallways, that would be an ADA requirement (Americans with Disabilities Act).

No one is talking about sending me home so I guess I'll be hanging out for the weekend. (sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails