On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, December 08, 2012

Figuring it out

The lettuces in the winter garden seem to be filling out nicely, but I can't tell what's up with the beets, cauliflower and broccoli.  I do know that the week of rain made everyone very happy.

I was sure I'd be up and dressed today, but alas, still not.  I stayed in the living room for half of the day, but mostly I was lying down with a dog keeping me warm.  I have been eating small, but normal meals most of the time (last week it was all Ensure). The pain is mostly under control now, but I have to vacillate between the options to get the best relief with the fewest side effects.  It's very complicated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails