On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, December 07, 2012

Hints of hope

The last two days have been quiet.  I'm still mostly in bed, but I read a lot which I wasn't able to do last week when the pain level was so high.  I'm beginning to notice slight changes from day to day. Today I woke up to prepare my own breakfast again and I was less wobbly when I moved through the house.  I seem to have found a reasonable balance between the various meds so that I get the maximum pain relief.  I had no idea, when I met with the radiation oncologist last October, that the aftermath would be the most debilitating treatment I've had thus far.  The ultimate worst!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails