On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, November 23, 2012

Puppy time

We visited a new litter of puppies for Canine Companions for Independence.  There were 11 in all, now 5-1/2 weeks old.  Youngest Grandson would do anything to talk his mother into getting him a dog, but all his pleadings are unlikely to go very far.

In the photo below only seven of the eleven are piled together.  It wasn't particularly cool, but I guess they wanted to stay together for the warmth.  When they are eight weeks old they will each go to a puppy raiser where they will stay for 16 months or more and then they will begin working with professional trainers for another six to nine months.  The dogs who become certified assistance dogs will be about two and a half years old when they begin working with their disabled persons.  The average work life is about ten years.

The family is scattering tomorrow.  Steve is taking Youngest Daughter and Youngest Grandson to San Francisco to help them with their Christmas shopping.  They have lunch reservations at the Saint Francis Hotel, an annual event that gets remembered all year.

The Hawaiian contingent is touring Napa County, but will be back with us in the evening.

I will have the day to myself and want to put some time into my Etsy store.  I have a banner to draw, some policies to list and I need to start painting a series of giraffes.  Once I get this thing in motion I will be having so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails