On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Two forward steps

I finally took care of all my wireless connectivity issues.  I was going to book a technician to come to the house and fix everything for me, but the router people talked me out of it.  So, "Joe" and I spent a couple hours together, over the phone, and now I'm back to where I was before I started twiddling.

What was weird was how much he could see.  He was able to pull up all sorts of screens that were on my laptop - even my blog - from his work place without web addresses.  It gave me a real sense of how easy it must be to hack.

Buoyed by that success, I took my first walk during October.  It was an errand to an office supply store, only one mile roundtrip, but made me feel as though progress was being made.  I called the store to be sure they were dog-friendly, yes, then saddled up Brix so we could go shopping.  He loves to shop!  He walks properly alongside me, his ear to my knee, but I could see his eyes canvassing the shelves and his nose twitching, especially in the snack food aisle.

So, life goes on.  I have 13 days left to Get Things Done before I begin chemotherapy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails