On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Upward? or not

(Click to enlarge)
I didn't have a choice about seeing/not seeing a doctor today, the pain was too great. Usually I don't seek help unless bones are sticking out, but this was really awful.  I walked into the medical office in tears, refused to stand on the scale ("I'm in too much pain, I have to sit down.")  I once read a research study showing that grouchy old women live longer - I'm probably immortal because I can be difficult. I refuse so many tests, for one.

I probably passed a kidney stone and am simply dealing with residual pain.  At least the lab tests were pointed that way.  I have major big medication now to calm things down.  If that doesn't work it could mean that something really awful is going on and I'll need another CT scan to figure it out.  But the odds are that I'm simply recovering and already on my way to recovery.

If there's anything else that's going to happen it has to happen this week.  School begins on the 20th and I don't want to drop out again and make it a repeat of last October.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails