On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Ouch!

The happy fool is not happy today.  I must have slept wrong or something because I woke up in a world of pain.  I'm hoping it's just a contorted muscle type thing, but it's making me absolutely miserable.  Heat and Advil help.

But the better news is that I need a haircut!  I'm starting to resemble Yoda with wispy white fuzzy places that need to be styled into place. It's almost a rite of passage when a bald cancer survivor needs her first real trim.

I hope I never have to go through chemotherapy again.  I'm at the point where most of my life is back in place - school starts in less than two weeks, I'm getting to Juvenile Hall consistently, I can walk daily and I no longer need naps.  I lost a couple clients along the way, but I've had a great summer with Youngest Grandson, finally went camping after more than a year hiatus, made the trip to Honolulu in May and my tomatoes are thriving.

I'm basically back where I was a year ago when things started falling apart and I never, ever want that to recur!  I wish my life didn't feel so precarious, always living while waiting for the other shoe to drop.  It sounds so faithless, and it's no way to live, but that's what I'm experiencing these days.  Waking up in pain, as Steve said, It's scary whenever I hurt, however innocuous.

2 comments:

  1. Here's hoping the pain is nothing sinister. I can't imagine living life on the edge like that.We need to celebrate many hair trims;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! The last two days have been truly awful, but I think it's going to turn out okay. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails