On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, August 06, 2012

Dotage redux

Today was my busy day of the week.  I had lots of prep work to do for Juvenile Hall and I'm glad I made the effort because there were nine girls in the group.  Staff warned me ahead of time that three were having a difficult day, but I had lots of discussion questions in my head and projects to support the topic.  All was well.

The boys were much easier, but their art group is wholly recreational which makes all the difference.

Yesterday, when Steve and I were out walking on the Plaza, we stopped in our culinary arts store, one of my favorite shops in town.  In my browsing I came across a bento lunch box, something I've wanted for Youngest Daughter but never bought.  I passed it by yesterday too.

That so haunted me that I leashed up Brix (our shops are mostly dog-friendly) and returned this morning.  I really did bring it home this time. The fun was this evening when I packed it for her.  I arranged everything just so - I am not known for fussiness so this was unique.  The little yellow grape tomatoes were standing upright with olives in between.  Her sandwich, in compartment #3 (of four) was complete with a smiley face of cheese glued on with tapenade, a raspberry nose and olive eyes.  Everything was just so very so-so and absolutely and totally healthy.

How fun!  I was ready for a new addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails