On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, August 27, 2012

Life gets better

I'm only at the halfway point on the next class assignment, a white still life.  I chose a white onion, a white eggplant from Farmers' Market, a white garlic bulb and a white mushroom.  Everyone else was painting white coffee mugs and such, but I just couldn't get into it.  We can work on the same project on Wednesday, but if I finish at home before Wednesday I can begin something related, but different.  So I'm hoping to work on it tomorrow.  My goal is to have four different whites and nice, rounded shapes - all on a grained tabletop, that's the goal.

Overall I'm feeling better this week than I was last week.  I didn't realize it until class tonight.  On Monday and Wednesday I was there, but totally miserable, freezing and in considerable pain.  While I'm still quite uncomfortable, I could block most of it out tonight once I got into my project.  Listening to music on my iPod helped.  Demi was keeping me company because we had been at Juvenile Hall earlier, but I'm giving her Wednesdays off this semester.  It's a lot easier to run errands in Santa Rosa without her and I can leave home early to allow time for just that.

Over all it was a good day, let's give thanks for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails