On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Homework - Done!

I finished my homework for tomorrow night's class.  That frees me up to do something else, related, but different during the class session.  Because of the Labor Day holiday it won't be due for one week.

It was like Christmas morning when the FedEx guy drove up today.  My art supplies arrived as expected and now I should have just about everything I'll need for the semester.  I might run out of Titanium White since it gets used for mixing so much else, but I think I've finally got what I need.

I can't figure out how to use the palette box.  I always mix paint on palette paper and then scoop the excess into sealed plastic jars where the paint stays moist for months.  The palette box seems redundant, but the instructor was quite emphatic that we couldn't get through the class without one so it must serve some necessary purpose.  Another question to ask in class.  Our teacher is so nice, so accessible.  I mean, it's okay to ask dumb questions in her class.  And everyone who does the work gets an A so no one stresses about grades.  There are only 15 of us now -- I think several dropped out immediately because of the cost of art supplies -- and for those who stayed there's lots of teacher time per student.  YES!

I took Demi to the veterinarian today to have her creatinine rechecked.  It was 2.5 in April, where it's hovered for several years.  But Sunday morning it was 3.1 and today it was 3.2.  She's also a bit anemic.  She was diagnosed with renal dysplasia when she was three so we've been watchful since then.  Now she's almost seven - her birthday is next month - and I'm wondering if this is the beginning of the end for her.  The local veterinarian and the veterinarian who follows her most closely at Canine Companions for Independence are going to confer and suggest a new treatment plan for her.  It seems like there's always someone to be worried about in our family these days.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails