On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Related

When I was a little girl my grandmother hand-stitched this quilt for me.  One of the fabrics used was the red dress with Chinese lettering that I wore to Sunday School. Now Youngest Grandson sleeps under this same quilt when he visits.  My grandmother would be his great-great-grandmother.

When we were camping in the Sierra I taught him and Youngest Daughter how to play one of the games of Solitaire my grandmother taught me.  He was fascinated - it was the first Solitaire game he has learned - and he was making plans to teach it to his mother and brother as soon as he returned home.

Family is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails