On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Five dog life

School again, school again, I'm so excited!  There are eight seats left in the class which begins August 20.  I wish I knew what some of the projects will be so I could get started now.

A friend will be traveling so dropped off her two dogs.  Mama Buley, the retired breeder for Canine Companions for Independence, kept me company during early spring when I couldn't lift my head.  I'm going to take her to Juvenile Hall this afternoon where the kids are sure to remember her.  She brought her blue heeler "sibling," Misty, so now we have five dogs and five chickens.  The house and back yard are absolutely silent.... amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails