On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Keeping out of trouble

No, it's not a speck on your screen, it's Youngest Grandson aloft.  I was on the ground with my cell phone camera.  I printed out all the photos Steve took for him so now he has enough to make an entire album.

I went through all my sketchbooks this afternoon and have them dated and numbered, beginning with February 2007.  I have completely filled 16 books and started at least that many more (good intentions that went awry).  When I work with the boys at Juvenile Hall I often tell them that half of the fun is being able to turn the pages of work completed - and when I see some of the old-timers leafing through their books I remind them of that little pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails