On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Getting it done

Youngest Grandson sang for his supper today, so to speak.  I had a fresh load of black bark dumped on the front yard.  He, Steve and I spread it for an instant improvement.  Bark and pebbles are frequently used in this area as more and more people are giving up grass lawns in favor of something drought resistance.

I have lots of smaller projects to complete now that the barking is done.   Nine agapanthus plants are waiting to be sunk in the soil in clumps of threes, there are stepping stones to sink into the ground and other places to touch up to bury the weed cloth.  And then I can paint the front stoop.

How nice to have energy to do all this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails