On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

From the hearts of children....

You never know where you might meet some of your most favorite people.  Steve and I met in church when we were teenagers in college.  The distraction was so great for me that I flunked out that semester and didn't return for another ten years.  Steve kept it together and went on to graduate, then to seminary, then to law school.  He can handle distractions.

There were three kids, siblings, that used to come to the library regularly to read to Demi.  I chatted with them for a couple years - also had nice talks with their parents - and looked forward to their coming.  Now we are penpals.  All three kids have been writing steadily during the summer and I respond as quickly as I can.  They decorate their letters with artwork;  I do too.

Today I was wondering where their next letter was - they seemed a little late this time - and lo! the packet of three arrived in today's post.  I've already answered so they should hear from me soon.

One more reason to support the United States Postal Service!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails