On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Busy town

We picked up Youngest Grandson today.  On the way through town we stopped at the Tuesday Night Market, a major happening for folks in Sonoma.  The air was pulsating with sound and activity.  The vendors had lines waiting for their produce and carryout items.

The koi were swimming happily.

I can't tell a duck from a goose from a swan - I think these are geese - and they were there too.

There was an appreciative crowd in the amphitheater and a very lively band.

The children were swinging and climbing in the play area.

Picnics were everywhere.

There were several flower venders.

Huge vegetables were oh, so yummy looking.

Steve couldn't pass up the peaches.

Sonoma has lived under six state flags.  These are flown at City Hall in the heart of Sonoma Plaza.  The Tuesday market runs from May to November and is always thronged with folks and activity.  The Friday market is smaller, sedate and runs year round.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails