On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Did I really?

Truly, I really reread and double check all the writing on my blog entries before I click "Publish."  Then a few days later I happen to go back to something I wrote earlier and always find some glaring typo or weird word or something.  It always is visible after a few days, after all you faithful readers have seen my booboo.  I think I catch most of the errors.... eventually.  But I thought I caught them before I submitted the post. Ay, Dios mio!

No one is having a nicer Sunday afternoon than we are.  It is really a beautiful day here in northern California.  It's warm, but not hot.  We have windows open, no need for AC and are totally comfortable.

I've been prepping for Juvenile Hall tomorrow.  Four postcards have been received from our postcrossing.com project which will make the girls happy.  I have three thank you notes to pass around and we can send out three new cards to keep things lively.

Now staff is deciding if it's too dangerous for a binder containing received cards to be on the book cart.  It would be great if the girls could look through the album during the week.  I would like both sides to be visible and haven't found any other format that is postcard size showing the picture and the writing.  It's the metal rings that are the problem.  Theoretically a girl who self-harms could make use of the metal, but I personally see no risk because the book cart is in the day room with staff around.  But at Juvenile Hall, everything becomes an issue and a safety hazard and the environment is extremely restricted. It's a kids' jail, that's for sure.  I'm surprised they even let me in.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:12 PM

    You might want to check out the art folios with the plastic sleeves to display art work. They are
    black and come in a lot of different sizes. I think they don't have rings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! I have a couple here at home and might be able to part with one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails