On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, July 23, 2012

Bright is the morning

Buley
Yesterday Brix let out the first whine, at 5:29 a.m., exactly the time he woke us up the day before.  These dogs arrive with clocks in their bellies and when the alarm goes off it's time to rise and shine - regardless of what our inner clocks may say.

When you have five dogs staring at you - "Where's breakfast?" - you sort of cave to the pressure.  And I wanted to get the chickens from coop to pen before they begged the neighbors for release.

Morning begins early here in Wine Country.  I am so glad Steve is back home - early morning is his home land.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails