On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, May 04, 2012

How to waste time

Last week it was summer.  Then winter returned.  Yesterday was perfect for a December rainy day.  Today we seem to be back to spring.  Fickle weather here in northern California.

I walked a full mile today so I guess I'm officially almost there!  Now I have to keep it going, daily, daily, the way I used to do.  I was probably a bit slow for Steve, but I didn't sit on any benches along the way and Brix and Demi seemed okay with the pace.

I also discovered two new addictions this week.  Because Series Five of Doc Martin is coming out in June, Steve and I are watching the other episodes again.  We watched it a year or so ago, loved it, but eventually forgot enough of it that it's fun all over again.  If you haven't see Doc Martin, give it a try, it streams on NetFlix.  It takes place in Cornwall and features the world's grouchiest doctor - a London surgeon who developed panic attacks at the sight of blood and is now a general practitioner in a seaside village.

The other addiction is the Scrabble-like word game on Facebook.  Words with Friends is designed so that you can be playing several games at once, if you're so inclined, and simply check in on your various opponents' progress now and then.  Because I'm mostly at home I can check in during the day, but most players seem to surface after work hours.

Definitely addictive but I figure it's good for my brain.  I can rationalize most things....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails