On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Warm, wonderful Saturday

Okay, so I'm getting repetitious in my old age.  Here's another new reason why I should walk.  Cancer cells are anaerobic - they don't like oxygen.  So, if I'm out there walking I'm pumping more oxygen into my body and they are going kerplunk, at least that's the hope.  Walking is also the number one antidote to Altzheimer's Disease, although with a solid case of chemobrain going on how would I know the difference?


Today was the first Neupogen injection in the last series of three.  Along the way I spotted this vineyard, the first one I've seen in the valley with California poppies planted between the rows.  I'm hoping this is a new trend because it's absolutely striking when you happen across them.  I wasn't the only one taking photos.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, how pretty-pretty-pretty: I think California poppies are so amazingly cheerful, and the former-Californian in me is so grateful for this glimpse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I NOT KNOW this!? I mean I knew exercise was key to staying healthy, etc, blah, blah, blah. I just DIDN'T know that cancer cells are anaerobic, or that walking is the #1 antidote to Altzheimer's! Wow, I am so walking and yoga breathing more! Thank you so much for posting this. Really. Also the photo is gorgeous. I hope that's a trend that's catching on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebecca - Thank you for the mention on your blog. I wish you could have seen the real view - my cell phone doesn't nearly capture it.

    And Wendi - Well, I'm learning as I go too, and am determined to give it my best shot this time. Try adding just one square of 70% or more dark chocolate to your day - it's an amazing source of antioxidants.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails