On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, March 01, 2012

Keeping it all together

I wish I had a better photo for you, but this shows the fields of mustard throughout the Sonoma Valley.  I took it with my cell phone camera while Steve was driving.  Mustard is the truest harbinger of spring - and sometimes the fields pop up as early as late December and continue on until summer.

It's hard living with a suicidal dog, but I swear that's my Brix.  While Steve and I were out yesterday he - or someone - ripped off the door to the food bin and scarfed down all he could hold.  I'm sure Demi and Parisse helped out, but he was the main culprit.  Lethargy reigned.

My concern was that having such a large meal could result in canine bloat, a very serious medical condition.  No dog wanted the late afternoon meal - and no human has ever heard of a labrador who refuses food!  I was in so much pain myself last night that I eventually got up and moved to the living room where Brix joined me.  I was busy googling "canine bloat" but he didn't have a single symptom so I think we dodged another bullet.  This morning all three ate breakfast as usual, the bin door has been sealed and we're back to whatever passes for normal here on West Side Farm.....

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been around for awhile so was very surprised to hear of your untimely death and then resurrection in the same post! So glad it wasn't true! And the play on words, patient patient is good. I'm not always one. But I try.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails