On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, March 02, 2012

She whines

The redbud is blooming all over the county; these are in front of a medical building.  I had six medical contacts this week - and that doesn't count the three trips to pharmacies and one laboratory.  I want my life back!

But, hey, I've got it, I'm alive.  Still and all, keeping myself alive has turned into a full-time job.  I had the last Neupogen injection this afternoon.  Steve drove me because I kept feeling like I was about to faint and was running on empty.

It was an early morning.  We had an 8:00 a.m. appointment in Santa Rosa - almost an hour away - to tour a day program for Youngest Daughter.  There's a waiting list and now the concern is that she might lose out on her group home placement because there's no place for her during the day.  I'm getting frustrated and resentful that I have to deal with this now.  I mean, isn't Stage Four cancer enough?

I was asleep by 7:30 last night.... I am so glad I have nothing scheduled this weekend, absolutely nothing.  Cranky I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails