On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, March 12, 2012

More technology

I'm wearing a Holter monitor for 24 hours to gather up information on why I so often feel like fainting.

If I thought I could walk across the room without crashing into a wall I might be inspired to grab my jacket and leashes and take a couple dogs out for a walk.  Or, if I could stand up, however slowly, without ducking down quickly before the floor rises to meet me, I might go about routine responsibilities instead of playing the invalid as I've never played that role before.

OK, it's just 24 hours, and then life will get better, right? 'Tis my hope.....

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your wooziness, Barbara. I hope the monitor give the doctors some data so they can figure out what's going on. In the meanwhile, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca - I'm told it will give them pages and pages of information even without symptoms...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails