On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, February 02, 2012

Not done yet

I am so enjoying my one normal week in the three-week chemotherapy cycle.  Food is beginning to taste as it should, my energy level has picked up and I'm able to keep up with all of my commitments.

Alas, it all comes to an end next week when the fifth cycle (of six) begins.  I'm beginning to long for the end of chemotherapy.  The sixth infusion is scheduled for the end of February so I'll be completely finished on March 20th.  Then I can recover from the treatment (!) and do normal things like grow a new head of hair.  (sigh)

1 comment:

  1. So are you losing weight? That would be the only plus I could see to food not tasting right. Food is one of life's pleasures so its a shame when you have to go through all this that the food has to taste bad on top of it.

    Happy Anniversary also! Glad you at least got out for a bowl of soup!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails