On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, February 03, 2012

When the trees start talking

My guest photographer is my son who sent several photos of parrots in his Honolulu neighborhood.  He said parrots aren't native to Hawaii, but they are proliferating, possibly because pets have been released and created their own colony.  I would be beside myself with joy if I looked up and saw parrots in my trees!

Our nights have been quite cold - 30s - but every day is spring.  I was out walking dogs late this afternoon with no jacket!  I've started grooming the geraniums on the deck, getting them ready for warmer weather.  This is becoming a very dry winter and there's concern about that.

I started a small painting yesterday, but it wasn't going very well.  Apparently Brix considered it a lost cause because I found it shredded on the floor and the paintbrush, one of my favs, was chewed apart too.  That's a symptom of a dog who needs more walking!

3 comments:

  1. Annie9:41 PM

    Brix!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right! Yesterday he ate the apple I was using for the drawing I posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The neighborhood around UCLA had a flock of escapee parrots--it was amazing to see and hear them while walking from my bus-stop to campus.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails