On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, September 08, 2011

Credible, but unknown

I guess we're all a bit on edge as we approach 9/11 again, this time with new threats.

Our world is so incredibly different now.  We trust less, for one. We're also electronically connected in a way we weren't ten years ago.  E-books, iPads, Droids!  We're in the midst of a recession or something - no one quite knows what to call it but it means a lot of people are out of work ten years later.

The natural world has been falling apart in 2011 - an earthquake in New York City? Hurricanes? Tornadoes? Flooding and drought?  It's all enough to make me want to sit with my crayons and pull out a book, one that's long enough to hide in.

But I am concerned about the new "credible" threats... and hope for the best....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails