On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A true beginner

A few months ago I decided to self-proclaim as a sunflower gardener and vowed to become knowledgeable about as many varieties as I can.

So far my attempts have Novice written all over them.  I got an unusually late start.  While the smart people went ahead and poked seeds in the ground I waited until it stopped raining - and it rained into June.

My next mistake was to plant the seeds but forget which kind of seeds I planted where.

I also failed to take note of the dates in which I planted the seeds.

So, when I sat next to this one yesterday to make a field drawing I didn't know its name or age.  I am sure that it's a sunflower, but the rest I'll have to figure out when I match the seed packet photo with whatever blooms, whenever that happens.

Novice, novice, novice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails