On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, August 07, 2011

Feeling blessed

I continue to enjoy Carla Sonheim's Imaginary Creatures class which I mentioned in yesterday's post.  I've always lacked imagination when it comes to any kind of art work so it's a pleasant surprise to learn that some of that can be taught and learned.

My week and life is settling down to another new normal -- I'm reminded once more that life is way too short and I can't take it for granted.  That gives it a new preciousness.  How lucky I am to be able to take an evening walk with Steve and the dogs, to make plans for the future we still hope will be ours some day.  I can look forward to the day the sunflowers bloom (you'll hear about it!) and to the classes I signed up for at our local community college.

Ain't life wonderful?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails