On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, August 06, 2011

Back on track

The chaos of the last week threw me off from what I had planned for myself - participation in Carla Sonheim's Imaginary Creatures online class which you can learn about HERE.  I'll play catch-up this weekend.

I'm already looking forward to school starting later this month.  I'll be taking a watercolor class, a class about color theory, an online writing class and I'll continue to work and wear my three hats at Juvenile Hall (Tutor Coordinator, group facilitator for a girls' therapy group, volunteer for the maximum security boys' art group I began) so I will be busy, busy, busy!

I grew up with the motto, "The busy child is the happy child," so I should be downright ecstatic -- as I am right now just looking toward the future.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:11 AM

    You sound like you'll be very busy...but with very interesting things! I love the creatures in this drawing, especially the top right, they look like they should be in an old-style cartoon causing mischief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for stopping by! - Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails