On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

As soft as a lamb's ear

Sometimes it's better to simply turn off television news and sit down and draw.  And so I did on yesterday's lovely Wednesday in northern California.  A few days ago I was hiking with a friend and saw hundreds of clumps of Lamb's Ear, the kind that make you want to stoop down and rub its furry softness.  And then snap a photo to bring home and paint its gray greenness (which has turned to gray whiteness in this photo).  I've never heard of anyone actually planting Lamb's Ear but I would sure be tempted.

2 comments:

  1. My sister and my daughter have both planted it. My daughter put it in a pot and my sister straight into her garden. They send up interesting flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully drawn!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails