On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, August 12, 2011

In the future

I'm not traveling this summer, alas, but I can do so via armchair.  My Love Affair with England, by Susan Allen Toth is more fun than toting bags and being probed by security agents.  I have visited some of the places mentioned, but because the author relishes in off-the-beaten-path experiences it is highly unlikely I could ever see some of the places that meant so much to her.  I'm grateful that she chose to share her delight.  And, in this day of Google Maps and Flickr, I was able to see several of the places she wrote so joyfully about.

The next time I visit England - and there will be a next time - I'm taking my sketchbook and I will draw and draw and draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails