On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

One foot at a time


I got a very late start to starting a summer garden this year, but it's finally beginning to happen.  There's a baby cucumber that's about five inches long and well on its way.  The tomato plant has flowers.  The sunflowers on the north side of the square have reached the first foot and more and there's one square foot of radishes all popped through the soil.  Our warmest weather comes in September and the growing season often lasts through November so I think it's all going to turn out okay, but it was, as I said, a very late start.

Oh, that's Rosie peeking through the fence in the back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails