On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Primarily happy

I have one more hour to work, but stopped to amuse myself for a few minutes while I gather up some steam and focus. I haven't felt very productive today, but often whip into action late at night when I suddenly can't work fast enough.

Today has been bright and sunny and that lovely, soothing patter of rain has been missing since dawn. More is expected, soon I hope.

Tomorrow feels like a Saturday approaching, I don't know why, and that has thrown me off too because my brain is convinced I should be winding down for a long weekend. Not so!

Instead, I need to be gearing up for spring clean-up and planting, because that's what's really on my planner and days like today make it so obviously true. I can just see those Topsy-Turvy tomato plants swaying in the breeze, laden with ripening cherries. I have four T-T containers to plant this year, mostly because the chickens will plow down anything planted on the ground. And that will be my other project, figuring out how to protect my 4x4s from destructive hens so that I can plant greens and lettuces and such - some of which I'll toss into the chicken pen for their amusement.

OK, I'm happy now, the girls' happiness is assured, so... back to work!

3 comments:

  1. My daughter bought me a day clock as a funny gift for Christmas because I get days mixed up at times. I painted the plain wood frame red and added "This is what day it is.... as if it matters" in white letters. You have a schedule to keep so you don't get to mix up the days! Maybe you should get a day clock too, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's so nice to see spring coming for you! I'm a night person too, that's when I get my best work done. Too bad my sweetie is a morning person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this little sketch - we've all felt that way from time to time! nancy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails