On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

The rainy scoop

We're back to rain again, but with breaks. The current storm is ending, then we'll have a couple sunny days, then more rain. Sounds like perfect weather to me!

Wednesdays are always my busiest days because I facilitate a church book group in the morning and then facilitate two groups at Juvenile Hall. The second group was interrupted when the entire facility went into lock-down status after a fight broke out on another unit. I was disappointed. My group of boys was happily drawing in their art journals while listening to "Peter and the Wolf," classical music they weren't familiar with but seemed to be enjoying anyway. Just as the wolf was being tied up to go to the zoo, an alarm sounded and we were down and out. Bummer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails