On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Take one

Yesterday our watercolor class was studying shapes and shadows using monochromatic coloring. Well, I guess I have some practicing to do! I was a bit clueless in spite of the good directions and a text to guide me.

On the other hand, I recognize the value of mastering the material so it behooves me to set up some more still lifes at home and keep practicing, I got that part.

5 comments:

  1. I think you did a truly wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I do enjoy working with one color, something I hadn't tried before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kelly - this is a really, really, good job with them. They definitely have volume and form! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really, really love that deep dark shadow you got under that cylindrical piece. I have so much trouble getting such a super shadow area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful =) Love the shading

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails