On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Raining by the bucketfuls

My family was asleep when I got up to paint in solitude. Even the dogs and cat were curled up in their places and uninterested in what I was doing and too tired to beg for treats.

I practiced the shapes, shadows and monochrome assignment from Tuesday's watercolor class. Our chickens lay so many eggs that I am continually finding new ways to use them - including having them pose for my homework. By daylight I can see glitches and need to continue working in this way, but I'm enjoying it and learning.

The bright Indian yellow, a favorite color of mine, contrasts sharply with the weather outside my window. It is raining steadily and coming down like it means it. Yesterday there was hail which just about everyone saw but me. I think I was locked in Juvenile Hall at the time and unaware of what was going on. Too bad, I would have loved that moment. I love weather that really does something!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about weather that "does something". Having grown up in southern California, I enjoy hearing thunder and seeing lightning and the occasional light snow. I am tired of wind though. Had enough of it in Illinois, Minnesota, Wyoming and now in Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color you chose for the eggs! It definitely counteracts our gray winter ...and you're so lucky to have your own hens. I love the sounds they make...so soothing.
    (Nothing is better than a good thunder storm...I love all the energy that blows in with one.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails