On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, February 04, 2011

Do you hear anything?

Last weekend I mailed a watercolor postcard to my grandson. He's eleven and still thinks I'm great, hasn't reached that jaded stage yet. So today I got an e-mail from him referring me to his blog where he proudly posted my card! That just made my day.

The publicity for the new group I'm offering went out today so I'm sitting by my office telephone waiting for it to ring. The first session will be on February 22nd. If as few as two sign up it will be a go. I'll build and develop it from there.

I'm excited. This group will incorporate a lot of art therapy and guided imagery and seems to be a missing piece in the therapeutic offerings at this end of the valley. It's also something I've wanted to do for a long time.

Ring, phone, ring!

3 comments:

  1. I hope it rings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it rings and rings and keeps on ringing. It sounds like a great plan and would be so helpful to so many people. Ring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. The phone is starting to ring!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails