On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Bright, shiny hillsides

Such a cold night, such a bright sunny day!

In between client sessions I've been checking up on the crisis in Egypt and the weather in Chicago, as though both events would fare better under my tender care-taking. When did news become entertainment and how can we allow really important happenings, the kind that affect millions of people's everyday lives, become so trivialized? Every time I resolve to spend less time watching news programs - because there's nothing I can do to alleviate the pain and assist in the situations - my curiosity gets the best of me and I soon revert.

In the meantime, what I can do is look out the window and notice that we're edging toward spring. The hills of northern California are as green as they get and splotches of mustard and wild calendula have taken over the vineyards. As much as I love winter - and envy those folks in Chicago who are making history in their own way - I have to acknowledge that springtime in Wine Country is second to none.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails