On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, November 01, 2010

November 1st, 2010

The Giants won the World Series this evening so nothing more need be said! We watched the game, then heard the firecrackers nearby; I can only imagine what it must be like in San Francisco.

For the record, there were 261 trick-or-treaters last night. While the vintners are calling 2010 the worst year in memory because of the cold and rain and three days of grapes-to-raisins heat in August and everything else that went wrong, this week is gorgeous with blue skies and sunshine, just perfect for parading around our neighborhood in full costume with a large pumpkin or pillowcase to hold the loot.

Tomorrow I'll be watching the midterm election returns. I think California is going to survive after all, I was a tad nervous during the summer....

2 comments:

  1. 261 trick or treaters? Holy smoke! Hubby and I were on this trip so we weren't home... but my daughter had less than 10 "groups"... so I don't imagine it was more than 50. My son and daughter in law said the malls were doing indoor trick or treating to keep it safe.
    You must live in a great community!
    (I know what you mean about new glasses and discovering leaves on the trees. I said exactly the same thing when I got my FIRST glasses back in 3rd grade. My mom was either sad or embarrassed... I never figured out which.)
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails