On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sketchbook Confidential

Northern Lights, the publisher of things art related, has come out with a great new book, SKETCHBOOK CONFIDENTIAL which introduces the personal sketchbooks of 40 artists. Some are familiar to many of us -- Kate Johnson and Claudia Nice, for example -- but many others are introduced for our discovery.

This seems to be a time when those of us who are attempting to maintain our own sketchbooks are finding that it's so much fun to peek inside someone else's. There are similar books on the market, but SKETCHBOOK CONFIDENTIAL is the newest to arrive.

I'm both an avid sketchbooker and reader of other's sketchbooks and art journals, so I gulped this one down in two nights flat. Now I can go back and study each one more closely and give myself 40 days of artistic delight. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails