On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Eve of Thanksgiving

It's after 10:00 p.m. Thanksgiving Eve and I just finished shampooing two dog-filthy carpets. The relatives are arriving tomorrow!  I'm expecting nine around the family dinner table and I'm thrilled and excited at the prospect.

Steve baked four pies - pumpkin and chocolate pecan - and finished off the batters in little pie pans for the grandchildren, a family tradition from his own boyhood.  I'm in charge of the turkey and dressing, he'll do everything else.  We're quite traditional around here, it's the same menu of twice-baked potatoes, green bean casserole (yes, that one!) and cranberry sauce.  Oldest daughter is bringing a brie appetizer.

May all of you have the thrill of looking forward to a great day tomorrow, and may it bring a wellspring of gratitude as we celebrate our national Thanksgiving Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails