On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Laughing 'til our sides hurt

How fortunate I am and how grateful!  This was the best Thanksgiving of my life.  All three adult children were present as well as our son-in-law and daughter-in-law and our two grandsons. We sat and chatted, reminisced, updated, reported and solved the world's problems. We laughed a lot. The dogs were well behaved. The chickens provided new amusement. Dinner turned out, Steve's pies were a hit.  Everything, just everything, was perfect this year!

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful when it all comes together and you can enjoy food, family, health, laughter, etc? We had a perfect Thanksgiving too - not that everything went perfectly (the Turkey was a little dry, the niece showed up late, the kids got jealous of time spent with Uncle Tim, but the whole event was PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving (a little belated!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful table, a beautiful family, a beautiful post, a beautiful memory! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's also nice to form a great new memory! Thank you all...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:39 PM

    So glad you had a great Thanksgiving holiday. Having family around you is the best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails