On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pain in the butt

We're headed into record cold weather for the next couple days. Steve covered most of the flowering plants outdoors and brought in the smaller ones. The chickens, I understand, will be okay, but this will be the coldest night of their young lives so I'm worried about them all the same.

I was in the chemotherapy infusion suite again today, as I am every three weeks, for my routine Herceptin. I have been in remission for 8-1/2 years and have seniority around there. No, I don't want another heart scan! No, I don't need to see the oncologist every month or even every two months! The truth is, I'd be pounding on the doors if I thought I needed any kind of medical attention, but when I'm feeling really, really well, as I am now, I tend to push back. I've heard that grouchy old women live longest!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:27 AM

    I can understand your grouchiness. No one likes to be poked and prodded. Ya have to look out for yourself, too. Nicely done sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails