On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Life in the slowest of slow lanes

Last weekend it rained. That was heralded as the beginning of the rainy season. The rest of the week was lovely. On Friday it rained again, yesterday it rained harder and today we've hit the descriptive superlatives, it rained beyond rain! Now tapering to a drizzle, more off and on showers are expected until tomorrow with a new storm coming in next weekend. We are in it, the rainy season, I mean!

I've been watching the chickens from the kitchen window. They spent most of the weekend huddled underneath their coop, where it is dry. They have no mother hen to teach them, but I'm hoping they are on the lookout for worms since that would be a treat from the gods and one they aren't likely to receive from me.

It has rained so hard today that no one has even gone out to collect the eggs - that would mean sloshing through the mud in the chicken run. Last week they produced a total of nine eggs, enough for the three of us. The eggs got turned into breakfast, corn muffins and cheesecake. Only two of the pullets are producing so they aren't even close to their prime, but watching, waiting and wondering is keeping us all entertained on this rainy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails