On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Creature company

My home office is one of my favorite places to be and to work. Demi has a big pillow on the floor and stays put, usually snoozing with an occasional twitchy dream and then she wanders out when I leave.

One of my best financial investments was the less-than-$10 bird feeders that adheres to the outside of the window. I keep it stocked with sunflower and nyjer seeds and the birds come "thousands" of times each day. I have seen as many as five congregated at one time. Most of the visitors are goldfinches or housefinches, but there's also a Stellar's jay that is a regular and an occasional dove. Sometimes they simply sit and observe life from that level, but more often they eat hungrily even when there are so many berries ripening in the area.

A loner by nature, it's hard to feel lonely when some of the best company is as busy watching me as I am watching them!

2 comments:

  1. I love watching the birds and so glad they are visiting your bird feeder, I was told no birds would ever visit one of these. I will now have to find one and maybe it is the kind of nuts and seeds you put in it, maybe I will also choose those birds. I will then have to sit down, relax and wait for the birds. Thankyou for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill -- I can't remember how long it took the birds to discover the feeder -- I put it up last year -- but I don't think it was all that long. There was already some bird activity along the fence line on that side of the house and when I sprinkled bird seed in the area they eventually looked up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails