On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Coasting towards Monday

My weeks are now top-heavy with most of the commitments at the front end of the week. Wednesday is the busiest. So Thursday feels almost like the beginning of a four-day weekend with a few minor interruptions before Saturday gets here.

Wednesday is mostly about Juvenile Hall. I pick up my letters on Wednesday and then respond during the evening. This afternoon I received a letter from a kid who has been locked up in southern California for most of the year. She writes faithfully every week, misses her family up north and is lonely and bored.

In today's letter she said that she's had it with gangbanging, she wants out. It came as a huge disappointment to her when her homies never called, wrote or visited even though she feels as though she was there for them when they were locked up. So, goodbye homies, I want to go to beauty college and become a cosmetologist instead. Her letter made my heart sing and, once again, I have my fingers crossed for her and hope she will be successful.

3 comments:

  1. That's such a touching story. I really hope she makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news!! And excellent bird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:52 PM

    hey your blog design is very nice, neat and fresh and with updated content, make people feel peace and I always enjoy browsing your site.

    - Murk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails