On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Square day

On days when drawing isn't happening, graphic designs can take over.

In my quest to lose weight, I was noticing today that I've trimmed my meals to four, or three plus one snack. That's a big improvement from grazing all day long, one l-o-n-g meal!

I've almost got this one down as a habit. How many days does it take to create a new neural pathway?



Later I came across a nice thought on creativity, written by Maya Angelou. I take it as a reminder to just keep at it -- and since I had a kid's set of Prang paints at the ready, I engraved it in my mind with those.

Oh well, my goal is simply to fill up those pages and complete, hopefully, one sketchbook a month. (The one I'm using now has 20 pages, 40 sides - absolutely doable during June.) And I love working in squares!

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking at your food calorie count. Do you have a goal per day or per week or anything. That is really hard to keep up. Twenty pounds is 20lbs! Do you feel hungry? Your pages look nice. I like the four squares on one page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Timaree -- I'm trying to eat 4 times a day and keep the total calorie count between 1200-1500 per day plus one mile or more walk. So far it's working and is starting to feel more like a habit. Thanks for checking in!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails