On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A great day, just a great day

At Maxwell Park yesterday I came across another wildflower that grows abundantly there, but I don't know what it is. It's kind of cute though, don't you think?

Today was a perfect summer day. We could wear summer clothes, but not be sticky hot. I saw clients and facilitated the girls' group at Juvenile Hall. Demi went along for the ride and the sociability - she's been in Juvenile Hall since she was eight weeks old.

I planted the next 4x4 square feet of green beans so we should have a continuous crop once the first ones start producing. I'm trying to get out amongst the veggies a little every day, even if it's only 20 minutes, to keep things watered. There are no weeds because I use the Square Foot Gardening method, so that's never an issue, but I haven't gotten all of the area planted and the blackberries are rapidly taking over. The larger chicken coop is still sitting empty because I haven't built the run yet either, although Steve and I did go shopping a few days ago and came home with posts and fencing.

If you saw how much land there is to work on (think postage stamp) you'd say this is a lot to do about nothing -- and you'd be right, but it still has to get done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails