On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, May 10, 2010

MORE rain in May?

It rained quite a bit this morning and into the afternoon. That is SO unusual for this part of northern California. Chains are required over the Sierra with six more inches of snow expected tonight. Usually we're starting to look forward to winter by now!

I'm still drawing all of my food. This is the 20th day of my "drawing diet" and I've lost the first four pounds. I'm totally preoccupied by food, that's the bad part, but I assume that will settle once this gets to be more routine. Given my ideas of what a portion looks like, it would do me well to draw every bite for the rest of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails